So, you are building a house!
Well, first of all CONGRATULATIONS!!
Now comes the serious part of it. Building a house is obviously a very important decision considering the fact that you’re investing in many cases, your lifetime’s savings on it. Hence, you need to make sure that your money is well-spent and spent only on those materials that assure the security, stability, and longevity of your house structure
Among materials, there is one material that plays a significant fundamental role in the construction of structures. And that is STEEL!
Generally, if you have ever seen a building construction site, you will notice a material that is much prominent and visible as well – a thin straw kind of steel bar that hangs in the concrete. Well, that is TMT steel bar that acts as a solid and sturdy force in the concrete, revving its strength up and boosting its stability.
WHAT ARE TMT STEEL BARS?
TMT (Thermo-Mechanically Treated) bars are the backbone of the modern construction industry, used in every conceivable mode of construction from homes to skyscrapers, bridges, dams, underwater structures, and just about every category of construction concrete structure.
TMT (Thermo Mechanically Treated) Bar, also called as Reinforcing Bar or Rebar in CIVIL ENGINEERING terminology, is a high-strength reinforcement bar with a tough outer core and soft inner core. Since its arrival in the marketplace, it has proven time and again to be a quality construction material for reinforcing concrete structures. Today, TMT bars are commonly used as tensioning device to reinforce concrete, helping it resist compressive forces.
Renowned for its high-strength, sturdy built and robust appearance with the capability to provide better reinforcement to any concrete structure, TMT Steel Bar made of high-strength steel not only help to minimize the effects of damages during any seismic activities but also offer the perfect optimum balance between toughness and flexibility (Elongation). Further, it also possesses high yield strength and greater tensile strength, flexibility, and ductility than mild steel.
Presently, TMT bars are available in different grades like Fe-415, Fe-500, Fe-550, Fe-550D, and Fe-600, with each grade having its own unique hard outer crust and soft inner core.
IDEAL BUILDING MATERIAL
What makes TMT steel bars an ideal building material choice for building your house are the following benefits.
- STRENGTH: They possess extraordinary strength which will give your house 20% extra strength, all of it built with the same amount of steel when likewise done with conventional steel bars.
- ELONGATION: The higher the percentage of elongation, the lesser is the chances of damage to the construction structure. This is where TMT bars with their hard outer layer and soft inner-core play a critical role, elongate in a way that will make your house stay strong and sturdy with the capability to withstand the rigors of natural calamities, like earthquakes and so on.
- BENDABILITY: They have excellent elasticity thanks to their built. This in turn equips them with excellent bending and re-bending properties, thus making them the easiest material to work with that can be bent and molded into any shape during a house construction project. This way they help your house stay firm and strong even in adverse circumstances when threatened by natural calamities and other such dangers.
- WELDABILITY: The low-carbon ingredient in TMT bars ensures hassle-free welding. They also require no pre or post-welding treatment, thus making them perfectly suitable for house constructions. Furthermore, the house architect can also create an innovative house structure without in any way compromising the quality of the house structure and strength of the TMT bars.
- FATIGUE-RESISTANCE: The outer layer of TMT bars is extremely strong with high fatigue resistant properties. This enables them to withstand any kind of pressure, dynamic loading, and other fatigue related factors. Likewise the soft ferrite-pearlite core of the TMT bars enables them to withstand any kind of loading including seismic loading. This is the reason why they are considered the most suitable construction material for earthquake prone areas.
- SEISMIC RESISTANCE: A combination of concrete bond of soft ferrite-pearlite core and reinforcement strength allows TMT bars to firm up the tensile strength of a house construction structure. This way, it can also absorb a greater amount of energy that gets released during an earthquake, while also ensuring the longevity of the house structure.
- FIRE-RESISTANCE: The higher thermal stability of TMT bars enables them to retain more than 80% of the ambient temperature yield strength at 300Â°. This in turn helps a house construction structure to stay safe and secure during even extreme fire disasters.
- CORROSION RESISTANCE: TMT bars are highly resistant to corrosion. During a house construction work, they can stay exposed to water for a longer period without in any way getting affected.
- FLEXIBILITY: Being extremely flexible, TMT bars can endure high temperature and humidity levels. Furthermore, they also do not crack or break even after turning and bending 180 degrees.
- BONDING: TMT bars bond very well with cement thanks to the superior bonding strength of the ribs on the surface of the TMT bars that run across the entire length.
TMT bars’ strong strength and sound bonding with cement or concrete helps build a strong house structure thus facilitating its durability in the long-term. The fact that they do not undergo any kind of residual stress and physical deformation when compared to other steel bars, and their high dimension tolerance, means that they can be used in lesser quantities during the house construction process.
Finally, they are extremely easy and swift to transport, thus ensuring better cost-efficiencies.
When looking to buy the best of TMT bars, make sure to factor in the strength of TMT bars based on their grades. The higher the grade, the better the TMT bars are. This is where, Fe 550 Grade TMT Bars offers the ideal confluence of strength & flexibility in line with IS Standards. Further, their extreme flexibility in line with the same norms makes them ideal for all types of construction purposes.
Your search for the best Fe-550 TMT bars ends with VINAYAK STEELS, top TMT steel bars manufacturer.
VINAYAK STEELS – A VIABLE & RELIABLE CHOICE
Leading TMT steel bars manufacturer, VINAYAK STEEL INDUSTRIES offers the finest of genuine strongest and long-life TMT steel bar Fe-550, that conform to IS: 1786:2008 BIS standards (a standard equivalent to a number of international standards like ASTM A615 Grade 60 of the USA; BS 444 Grade 460 of Britain; BST 500 of DIN 488 of Germany). The Thermex TMT bars are produced in the size range of 8mm to 32mm as per BIS 1786-2008 norms.
The raw material used for production is in line with BIS 2830-2012 norms, produced in-house from the integrated facilities of pellet/sponge-iron/ concast Billet transformed from ore to steel within the manufacturing plant premises. Powered by the latest technology, every Fe-550 TMT Bar undergoes robust quality-check process including extreme anti-corrosion testing methodology, in intense rusting conditions.
VINAYAK STEEL’s high-grade Fe-550 TMT Bar has proven time and again its extreme robustness and strength. Add to this, it also guarantees top-notch equilibrium, safety and stability to a concrete structure; and great resistance on dynamic loading with varied yield and tensile strength.
The high caliber of its quality can be estimated from the fact that every VINAYAK’s Fe-550 TMT Bar, carries a BIS Certification confirming adherence to IS 1786:2008 (Contains the Standard Mark, Cast / Lot number, Grade, Size, & Corresponding test results).
An ideal construction material for all kinds of construction structures from coastal, to marine or underground, VINAYAK STEEL’s Fe-550 TMT Bars are best selected in accordance with the design requirement of a construction structure.